Ways to Improve Your Employer Branding 2022
by Arnab Dey Business Development 22 March 2022
Your employer brand is one of the most important things that you can do to make sure that you get ahead with your goals and really reach the potential customers and employees that you may want to add on at some point.
Branding is all about how you plan to define your business and it is going to include all of the goals, ethics, and emotions that you must utilize to help drive it.
You will need to be as clear as possible to all of your potential new hires so they know what it means to work for your company. Without a good branding message in place, you will make it harder during the hiring process.
There are several steps that you can take to work on your unique employer branding. Some of the steps that you can utilize to help out with developing your employer branding strategy includes:
Have a Good Digital Presence
Modern workers want to use digital channels for most of their research when it is time to change careers. In fact, research shows that up to 77% of candidates are going to explore their desired employer online, going directly to the website of the employer, while only 58% will rely on a dedicated career site like CareerBuilder and Monster.
This means that if you would like to reach all of your potential hires, you need to be found online. There are different ways that you can do this and can create the right digital presence. Some of the most common will include:
- Set up a careers page: While you are working on your website, make sure that you set up a page that is dedicated to the careers that you offer. You can also spend time describing your culture and let your candidates know more about you. a clear call to action will help with this.
- Remember social media: Social recruiting is a good option for many companies. You need to work on your employer brand on social media because many potential candidates are going to look on Facebook and other sites to help them when looking for a new job. Social media, when it is used well, can bring your employer brand to life.
- Seek out job sites: Share your ads for a new job on some of the popular job platforms that are out there. The important thing here is to be able to make your brand as consistent as possible across all of the different channels.
Let Employees Speak for Your Brand
If you have a lot of happy employees, let them do some of the work for you when it is time to work on your employer brand. As much as you may want to be the one fully in control of your online presence, it is ultimately going to be your employees who are able to shape your brand. They live the whole culture and can define it with their own views as well.
The neat thing here is that you are able to leverage some of their perspectives to provide a more relatable dimension to your employer brand. Take the time to post regular content updates that will show off your employer brand, doing it from the point of view of your employees.
There are different methods that you can use to make this happen. You can set it up so that your employees will post their own blog posts, can do updates on social media, and even sneak-peek videos. Take some time to be creative with this one to ensure you can really show off your brand through your employees.
Related Resource: 10 Expert Tips on Online Branding
Improve Your Onboarding Process
Simplicity is the best when you take the time to hire someone new. They do not want to go through a complicated process in order to apply and no one wants to spend hours on the application process at all. Once you do bring the new employee on, you want to make sure that they are integrated into the team and fit right in.
Following a very detailed onboarding checklist for your company can make this easier. This can make the experience more personalized while keeping you organized at the same time. Some of the ways that you can do this include:
- Use your careers page and ads to explain more information to the potential hire for your onboarding system. The more the candidate knows, the more likely they will only apply if they are already a good fit.
- Introduce the candidate to some of the branding tools they can use and offer some training on some of the items they may be new to.
- Explain the hierarchy of the company in clear terms so that it is easier to know who that candidate can turn to if they are looking for guidance.
- Set up an intro meeting to give the new employee a chance to really know the other members of the team.
- Imbue every step of the new onboarding with some of your core values.
- Make sure that you have several days with this process so that everything can get done on time.
All through this process, from the hiring to the onboarding, you need to make sure that you show off your values and all of the things that make you unique. You also need to be as transparent as possible. If you are hiding information from the candidate, they will find out at some point, become frustrated, and will leave, which can be a waste of time for you and them.
Choosing to Improve Your Employer Branding in 2022
There are a lot of different steps that you can utilize to help improve your employer branding during 2022. The exact steps you take will depend on where your employer branding is right now and how well you are able to make some of the improvements in the future as well. Take a look at some of the steps above to help. you improve your employer branding now.