Why Should Your Business Invest In Call Tracking Software?
by Arnab Dey Business Intelligence 16 February 2023
If you’re on the hunt for new ways to boost your business, then it’s important you secure the right tools for the job. One tool in particular, which you should definitely invest in, is call tracking software.
There are a range of reasons why you should invest in call tracking for your business, and if you read on, this article will take you through a few of them.
For more information on where you can find the best call tracking software on the market, visit: https://www.mediahawk.co.uk/features/call-tracking/.
How Does Call Tracking Software Work?
Call tracking gives you the ability to efficiently track every customer call to your business, as well as gain a variety of useful data surrounding various aspects of each call.
For instance, when tracking your calls, the software can reveal things such as:
- Call start and end times
- Call duration
- Caller area code
- Whether the call was answered or not
On top of this data, the software will also provide a variety of detailed metrics to help you analyze customer engagement across your business. These unique insights are key to understanding your marketing performance and knowing how customers are interacting throughout their journeys.
These metrics can include things like:
- The marketing sources which generate calls – The call tracking software uses dynamic phone numbers to help you track the online marketing sources which your customer callers originated from. For example, you can see how many customers followed a link from your email and then made a call.
- Which activities are delivering inbound inquiries – Each time you receive an inbound inquiry, you can use the software to trace which activities the customer visited to get to this point of interaction.
- Extensive data on your website visits – Using Urchin Traffic Monitor (UTM) tags, you’re able to receive highly granular data surrounding website visits and see which touchpoints funneled customers to this point.
- Google Business Profile Activity – You can monitor any calls and interactions which stem from your Google Business Profile by using static phone numbers to track the customer calls.
- The performance of keywords in call conversations – You can establish a range of keywords that are relevant to your business. These keywords will then be automatically identified in any call conversations with customers and categorized for easy analysis.
What Are The Advantages Of Investing In Call Tracking For Your Business?
There are many advantages of investing in call tracking software, which includes:
1. Full marketing visibility
A key benefit of call tracking is that it gives you full visibility over your marketing performance. The insights and reports can allow you to create customer journey maps, which outline the specific touchpoints of every customer.
This will give you a full overview of how many leads and sales are being generated across every activity, campaign, and channel in your business.
You can also analyze different activities to understand key patterns in your marketing efforts.
For example, you can assess the conversions at different stages in the customer journey, such as customers filling out forms or interacting over live chats online.
You can then analyze what content in your activities is best for increasing these conversions, and avoiding potential drop-offs – e.g., are your calls to action successful in funneling customers down?
2. Enhancing your PPC performance
Call tracking software is also a great investment since it can significantly enhance your pay-per-click (PPC) ad performance.
You can use the software’s analytics to evaluate how many calls and interactions are being generated from your PPC ads – whether customers call directly from the ads, or visit other touchpoints before making a call.
This will let you review your PPC ads to see which ones are successfully driving new leads and sales, and which ones are underperforming in this manner.
As a result, you can then re-assess how you structure your PPC ads, so you have more engaging campaigns for customers and a more cost-efficient process.
Now you know the main reasons why you should invest in call-tracking software, get in touch with an expert provider now to start reaping the benefits for your business.