What are the best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment? Oilfield services offer various types of jobs for beginners to experience. Along with its services, this field is expanding and growing.
With its growing industry, it is one of the pillars of the economy of the country. Those countries that are experts in oilfield services/equipment are considered the richest. For example, UAE.
We all know oil and gas are essential commodities, and many industries are dependent on them. That is why the oil and gas industry is called a basic industry too.
Hence, every business process has changed, including Oilfield services and equipment too. This is why, every job seeker who wishes to enter this industry should be well knowledgeable about the upcoming projects and changes.
Let’s see first–
- What oilfield services and equipment are.
- If you want to make your career here—- is it a good career option or not?
- Top 10 best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment.
So, let’s dive into it.
What Are Oilfield Services And Equipment?
Oil services and equipment are a company that provides equipment and tools to oil extraction companies. Oilfield services imply the company that provides the tools, equipment, and services to gas and oil exploration, midstream, transportation, and storage; and a downstream company which includes refining and marketing the oil and gas.
The basic function of this company is to look after the whole operation of the oil and gas company, from exploration to refining.
Now, you know what oilfield services and equipment are. This is the right time to move on to the next step to know if it is a good career option or not for someone.
Is Oilfield Service/Equipment A Good Career path?
The answer is yes. Oilfield services/equipment is a food career path who have an interest in getting involved in this industry. As we said, it is a versatile platform that gives the space to explore many things. Plus, oilfield workers make lucrative money.
However, if you want to be part of this dynamic department and fascinating career field with plenty of job profiles, this may be a solid option. You will get the best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment that may never disappoint you to establish your foot successfully.
In Oilfield Services Or Equipment Industry: What Is The Average Salary?
The average salary is $130,800 per year in the oilfield services/equipment industry. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary of oil and gas fields.
Oil field managers are the highest-paid job profiles in the actual oil field. Although, off-site professionals in the oil industry may earn more considerably. However, the industry continues to grow the departments and create new jobs.
You May Like To Know About: How Many Jobs Are Available In Public Utilities?
Best Paying Jobs In Oilfield Services/Equipment
There are a lot of jobs available in the Oilfield services/equipment. So, let’s check them one by one. Here, I jotted down the top 10 best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment.
1. Drilling Engineer
Becoming a drilling engineer, it is expected to work in remote places as well as in office-based work. This job profile demands that travel by helicopter is normal. To get this job, engineering graduates are required.
Average Salary: $75,770 per annum.
- Prepare data sheets well.
- Design and select well-head equipment.
- Monetize the daily progress of good operations.
- Monitor safety and ensure the good maintenance of the well.
- Manage operations on behalf of small clients.
- They work with multidisciplinary professionals to enhance commercial viability.
2. Vessel Manager
Vessel managers manage the assigned fleet of vessels with a strong focus on safety. They are the majority of the onboard team. They have the responsibility to coordinate with service engineers, contractors, and manufacturers for ship repairs.
Average Salary: $72,125 on an average year.
- Develop and promote a safety mindset onboard and in the office.
- Aim for Operational Excellence.
- They are responsible for the overall welfare of the crew onboard.
- Conduct Risk Analysis.
- Takes part in the management of changing culture.
- Submit reports on monthly key performance indicators, budgets, and targets.
3. Core Driller
Core driller is one of the best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment. The interesting fact is you can do a job anywhere on earth. Core driller handles different motors and machines. Core driller jobs are the most promising jobs in this industry.
Average Salary: $39,299 and $64,509 in a year.
- Records drilling progress and geological data.
- Controlled drilling action.
- Withdraws drill rod from hole and extracts core sample.
- Retrieves lost equipment from bore holes using retrieval tools and equipment.
- Changes drill bits as needed.
- Fabricates well casings and more.
4. Director Of Operations
You may guess the role of their job profile name. The director of operations has the vital responsibilities of whole business operations of oilfield services and equipment. They monetize the company’s sales, marketing, and purchasing.
Average Salary: $92,542 in a year.
- Analyze data to look at trends and find problems
- Reduce costs in manufacturing.
- Set team and individual goals.
- Optimize business workflows.
- Great planning and project management skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
5. Oil Tester
The oil tester assessed the development process. They ensure the maintenance programs. If required, they might assist with technical audits too. They play a great role during oil exploration at the drilling site.
Average Salary: $44,061 per year.
- Maintained and prepare oil testing equipment.
- Mobilize equipment and personnel to the site.
- Be involved in the field crew assessment program.
- Assist with ensuring that the program for the job is understood and workable.
- Follow client requirements for well-site operations
- Operate a range of Flowback equipment and well testing.
6. Lease Purchase Operator
This job profile plays a role when oil is transported from the drilling site to the manufacturing place. In the time of processing plants, corrosion, and lease purchase, operators are responsible for conducting all the process.
Average Salary: $113,426 per year.
- Demonstrate mechanical abilities.
- Understand and apply information, such as safety, lockout/tagout procedures, and environmental rules.
- Prepare and maintain daily and weekly logs, checklists, and schedules as required.
- Perform other duties as requested and/or assigned.
7. Director Of Safety
Safety directors have the responsibility to maintain all the safety in the field and practice all the safety in the field and action area. They play the role of lowering the chance of harm and protect all employees or workers on the oilfield.
Average Salary: $143,836 and $194,270.
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm employees or equipment.
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards.
8. Chemical Engineer
Chemical engineer conduct a vital role in the process of oil tests by using appropriate chemicals to convert petroleum or other crude oil into useful materials. They even work with other teams of the department or scientists to deliver the best products and utilize the oil fully for human interest.
Average Salary: $81,068 per year.
- Coordinate and perform tests.
- Create standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products and tests.
- Perform chemical analysis and physical property testing of materials and products..
- Assist in the establishment of timelines and budgets..
- Provide training and mentorship to technical staff..
9. Executive Account Manager
They play the lead role in operating all accounting processes of the company. Accountant ensure the finance department works efficiently. They also analyze the budget and try to reduce the expense of the oilfield company.
Average Salary: $58,651 per year.
- Operating as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your accounts.
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
10. Gas Plant Operators
If you believe that this job consists only of observation and monitoring, I would like to let you know that this type of work necessitates potential in a number of areas.
These workers are exposed to highly corrosive, combustible, and toxic H2S gas. If someone works on it while it is exposed to a leak, it could be harmful.
Average Salary: $89,000 per year
- Observing pressure.
- Recording data.
- Preparing equipment.
- Preparing equipment.
How Do You Find A Job In This Industry?
Since there is a wide range of jobs for experienced and entry-level workers in this industry, both in terms of salary and schedule flexibility.
- First, you need to fulfill the criteria of skill and education qualification. Technical skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and physical skills need to have those who want to enter in Oilfield services or equipment industry.
- After completing your engineering, you can create an account on the oilfield services firms in career portals. Numerous oilfield companies have websites, you can upload your CV on those portals directly.
- Besides this, there are many job portals like— Monster, Indeed, and many others. Make sure job portals are malware free.
- Plus, contact sources are another effective way to get a job in this field. Make sure everyone you know keeps an eye out for an opening job or push your CV with their reference in the field.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
You have reached the end of this article. Besides the list of best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment, you must go through the section below to read the most frequent questions that people have asked.
There are many jobs that pay the highest in the world. Some of them:
1. General Surgeon.
2. Investment Banker.
3. IT Systems Manager.
4. Senior Software Engineer.
5. Data Scientist, and more.
Working in the oilfield is worth it. It has several job opportunities and plays the greatest role in developing the economy of the country. If you could be a part of this field, you would also make lucrative money by analyzing your experience and required skills.
3. Principal software architect.
4. Chief executive officer (CEO).
5. Principal software architect.
What are the best paying jobs in oilfield services/equipment? Now you have the answer. Along with the high salary pay, the oilfield services or equipment offer a different workplace.
For those who want to explore different areas in the world through their career, then this industry can be the best one.
However, I have discussed everything about this field; still if I missed anything that should be pointed out here, feel free to mention it in the comment section. Do you want to enter this oilfield industry? Let me know your answer.