Guide To Choosing The Right ALPR Software
by Sumona Business Intelligence 27 January 2023
This guide provides information on the most popular ALPR products to help you select the right solution for your needs.
Top Rated ALPR Products for 2023
ALPR Products Details
The ALPR industry is becoming more crowded with new products, and for a good reason – they work. These are some of the highest-rated automated license plate recognition products in 2023.
A relative newcomer in the industry, Plate Recognizer is one of the most accessible companies to work within the ALPR industry. They recognize the fact not all license plate images will be clear. Their software considers that license plate images can be off-angle, resulting in blurred, real-world images.
Their excellent OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology is designed to work with less-than-ideal images. In addition, the Plate Recognition algorithm has an optimization to work in over 100 countries.
|Choose it for: Free trial evaluation software, customized pricing based on a client’s specific situation, and the ability to read dark and blurry images.
- Optimized to read real-world, blurred images
- Custom pricing quotes
- Free evaluation software and API documentation
- Technical support by current software engineers
- A subsidiary of ParkPow parking lot software for parking lot enforcement
- Excellent technical support by actual engineers
- Free software evaluation trials without time limits or expiration
- Open to inquiries for custom quotes
- Operating system and hardware agnostic, working with Mac, Windows, Linux, and Raspberry Pi.
- Designed and optimized to interpret blurred, off-angle, and real-world license plate images.
- A relative newcomer to the ALPR industry without many case studies of implementation
- Currently challenging implementation procedures
|Pricing: The most popular plan is the Medium subscription, with up to 250,000 lookups per month. However, if the vehicle makes, models, colors, and orientations are required, add 50% to the subscription plan.
Part of the Rekor Solution Suite of products, OpenALPR uses advanced artificial intelligence with machine learning. Superior license plate reading technology, especially when compared to older legacy systems.
Open ALPR, as part of the Rekor Solution Suite of products, has interfaces with Rekor’s Car Check and Rekor Scout modules for business and law enforcement. In addition, such companies use the Open ALPR technology as Amazon, NOKIA, NVIDIA, and other influential power companies.
|Choose it for: Fast and easy software deployment, uses AI and machine learning for excellent license plate reading, and interfaces with Reko’s Park Scout and Park CarCheck as a true force multiplier.
- Fast installation and deployment
- Industry-leading accuracy
- Interfaces with Rekor’s Park CarCheck and Park Scout software modules
- Supports International license plates
- Artificial intelligence with machine learning
- REST-based API written in C++ to easily interface with legacy software
- Advanced license plate reading technology
- Interfaces with Reko Suite of Products
- Easy-to-use web-based dashboard
- Solution for law enforcement and commercial businesses
- More expensive than many competitive products
- Requires more technical knowledge for integration to host software
|Pricing: Multi-tiered pricing based on volumes begins with the free Basic Plan providing 2,000 lookups per month plus $0.001 for each other lookup. Then, the pricing tiers for lookups increase to 50,000 lookups at $49/month plus $0.001 for each other (Pro Plan), 250,000 lookups at $195/month plus $0.0007 for each additional lookup (Ultra Plan), and up to 2,000,000 lookups per month at $995/month plus $0.0005 for each other lookup (Mega Plan).
Plate Smart ARES 3.0
The new Plate Smart ARES 3.0 ALPR software has many new functions, scalability, and data analytics. As a result, the Plate Smart ALPR is a robust solution with near-unlimited scalability.
Among the many features of Plat Smart is the ability to query with multiple parameters. For example, once the license plate image is captured, then processed with its AI software, it enters into the Plate Smart database.
Queries can be by multiple parameters, such as date range, specific time of day, and searching for data only from specific cameras.
|Choose it for Near unlimited scalability and data analytics, integration with third-party software, excellent search filters, and AI intelligence with advanced optical character recognition.
- Highly scalable with advanced analytics
- AI intelligence with Edge Dynamic Motion Detection technology
- Integrates easily into video management systems such as IPConfigure, Milestone, Exacq
- Extensive searching and filtering tool set
- Provides near real-time vehicle actionable information
- Superior AI with object recognition technology rather than basic optical character recognition (OCR)
- Pioneer in the ALPR industry
- Supports a nearly unlimited number of cameras, even across states
- Free trial PlateSmart software not available
- Requires Intel or Xeon 6th generation CPU (Central Processing Unit)
|Pricing: Contact PlateSmart for a price quote.