Why Is PPE Kits Important At Work: 7 Reasons You Should Know
by Arnab Dey Health Care Services 23 February 2022
While PPE kits or Personal Protection Equipment has historically been used across businesses and industries for the longest time, the Coronavirus Pandemic really shot them to public fame.
Businesses need to realize that it is their legal duty and responsibility to protect the life, health, and well-being of their employees. This means that they need to take steps to ensure complete safety and security at the workplace.
In this regard, PPE is important to keep staff safe. PPE kits have fast emerged as one of the most essential safety gear or equipment that can help businesses protect their employees. The following are some pieces of equipment that are part of PPE kits-
- Hand gloves
- Safety Eye Wear
- Foot Protection
- Bright Protective Clothing
- Head Safety Helmets
- Harnesses (if required)
- Masks for Air Filter and Protection
In this article, we are going to look at seven important reasons why you should be using PPE kits at the workplace. If you are a business owner or a high-ranking executive, this article will help you.
List of 7 Important Reasons Why PPE Kits should be Used at the Workplace:
1. Protects the business from lawsuits and compensation payments-
Almost all workplace injuries come under the ambit of workers’ protection, compensation as well as personal injury. If your business is at the receiving end of a lawsuit, you can expect to pay hefty fines and compensation. This will be far more than the sum you would be investing in PPE kits for all your employees. Not to mention the credibility the business will suffer.
2. Work Accidents can stop business operations leading to irreparable losses-
Businesses, especially in the infrastructure or heavy engineering niches should note that even the slightest delays in production can cause major losses. Not only will you be missing deadlines, but also affecting your cash flows negatively. Ideally, you do not want any accidents or injuries to take place on the work floor. PPE kits can help mitigate common to serious risks.
3. Ensures that your equipment stays safe at all times-
Every workplace accident has a notorious tendency for spreading. This means that even if one worker or employee is damaged, they can end up destroying business infrastructure. You do not want that at any cost. Not only will it be a financial burden, but it might also affect your production and operations. Safe employees translate into safe infrastructure at all times.
4. Guard workers and employees against the Coronavirus-
While the seriousness or severity of the Coronavirus has gone down, it is still very much a threat that needs to be taken seriously. When employees work in close proximity, it is easier for the virus to spread. Working with PPE kits is by far the most medically proven way to protect yourself against the virus. Even when not severe, it can invite shutdowns for the business.
5. Improves production and work efficiency on all days-
When employees know that they are safe and protected, they are more encouraged to put in their best efforts. When someone is scared and constantly watching over their shoulders, they will never be able to give their hundred percent. If you want a productive and efficient workforce, you need to give them complete peace of mind when working.
6. Shields important body parts of the employees-
As a business owner, you would never want any of the hardworking employees of your organization to suffer from any physical losses. You need to understand that everyone has the same life and body organs. If someone’s eyes get damaged from a chemical spill, they will not be able to replace the same and get a new one. PPE shields the body parts of employees.
7. Adhering to governmental rules and regulations for the workplace-
Businesses need to make sure that they are following all the rules and regulations as has been laid down by government authorities and labor departments. Failure to comply with the same can invite hefty fines, as well as lead to cancellation or suspensions of licenses. As a business, you do not want to be at the receiving end of a notice from the government on this issue.
Things to Note when Choosing PPE Kits for your Employees:
In this last section, we are going to list down some important considerations that employers should pay attention to when buying PPE kits for the workers-
- Firstly, it is important to get the right size and fit to ensure adequate protection against accidents and injuries.
- Secondly, every business requires a different type of PPE. This assessment should be made before purchasing PPE kits.
- Thirdly, businesses need to focus on the quality and manufacturing of the PPE. It is best to work with reputed manufacturers at all times.
- Fourthly, Proper instructions and training should be imparted on wearing, taking off, and disposing of the PPE to the employees
- Fifthly, employees should be encouraged to look after their own safety and wear the PPE at all times.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have tried to cover seven credible reasons why PPEs are important in the workplace. If you have any more questions which you would like us to address on the subject, please let us know in the comments below.