Business Watches For Men: What To Look For When Dressing The Part
If you’re a guy in need of a style modification, you’re likely going to take a good look at your wardrobe and make an assessment of what you need to change to make that look
If you’re a guy in need of a style modification, you’re likely going to take a good look at your wardrobe and make an assessment of what you need to change to make that look count. One of the many things you may need to check, however, is perhaps it’s not the clothes you need to change – but your watch. If you’re working in a corporate setting, business watches for men can be what you’re looking for when dressing the part.
In fact, it’s not out of “tradition” that it’s generally advised for people to dress well in businesses, and especially in interviews. Statistics state that employers really do believe that a candidate’s grooming has an extremely large impact on how these candidates are viewed during their interview. Job candidates have to pay close attention to their grooming and choice of attire, as they’re marketing themselves to their prospective employers.
Be it for an important meeting, an informal gathering, or even a day at work, here’s how to choose the proper business mens watches for every occasion:
- Check how invested you are in watches: As much as business watches might be of some interest to you, it’s important to determine as early as now just how interested you are in investing in business watches. How often do you want to wear a business watch? It’s very likely that your interest level in business watches will determine the kind of watches you’ll get and the outfits you’ll want to match them with.
- Are you planning on having multiple business watches for multiple purposes, such as black tie events, evenings out, or in the office?
- Are you planning on getting just one watch you fancy?
- Understanding the options above will likely enable you to see if you need to build a collection of business watches, or just get one for a specific set of clothing.
- Create your base collection of business watches: Once you’ve determined your interest level on business watches, it’s time to start building a collection of business watches for you to use. This is important especially if your company has a wide and diverse range of events, or if you yourself want to invest in personal appearances.
- Wearing the “right” business watch with the right outfit can “elevate” your look and show guests that you have an attention to detail.
- You may want to have a minimum of five watches and a maximum of seven watches in your base collection. You can have less or more, depending on your preference. You can also choose some of those watches from the entries below.
- Remember which parts of the watch to match with clothes: One of the primary reasons why men tend to wear watches is for them to add a sense of “style” and “attention to detail” to their clothing pieces with subtlety in mind. As such it’s important to be able to determine which parts of the watch should match with certain business clothes.
- Match the band or metal case of your watch with outfits that have other metals of the same color. These include cufflinks, collar bar, pinky ring, tie bar, shoe buckles, and belt buckles.
- If you have a leather band, make sure the other leather in your outfit is the same color as the band. For instance, a brown band works best with a belt buckle and shoes that are brown as well.
- Match the color of the watch face with your clothing. For instance, lighter faces (white, cream) are best for day events, while darker faces (mocha, grey, black) are best for evening wear.
- Get a dress watch with a silver case: A dress watch works best if you want to have a handy partner for smart casual events. These watches tend to have a slim band made out of thin, quality leather and have a body of rhodium, silver, white gold, or even stainless steel. These work best with smart casual wear as they give a small hint of detail for guests to watch out for.
- Try to have two straps, one black and one brown, with simple finishes.
- Dials of dress watches tend to be smaller, but are rectangular or round in nature. They tend to be simple in appearance, as the point is to emphasize its appearance through minimalism.
- Get another dress watch with a gold case: This might seem like a redundant idea, given you already have a suggestion for a silver case dress watch. However, try getting one with a rose gold or yellow case, as this will serve as alternative wear for other business casual events.
- If budget allows you to, buy this second dress watch to have something else presentable if you feel as though your initial dress watch is becoming overused.
- The point of this second watch is to have something to match gold accessories such as pocket accessories, rings, eyeglasses, shoelace aglets, cufflinks, suspender clasps, and belt buckles.
- Get a pocket watch: It might help if you think of a pocket watch as a dress watch without a band. Some might think this can be a bit old fashioned or traditional, but it’s a good addition to your watch collection as it gives a strong eclectic and classic statement.
- If you want to give off a hipster or classic appearance, you may want to consider buying a pocket watch.
- Pocket watches work best if you’re attending extremely formal events, as this gives you the opportunity to look at the time in a subtle manner. Remember, actively looking at your watch means the event isn’t your priority.
The Bottomline: Business Watch For All Needs
Despite its size, business watches for men can drastically change one’s appearance, especially if you want to dress the part for any type of occasion in your line of work. As you may have read above, business watches can match with certain kinds of clothing for certain kinds of events, which can greatly boost your overall appearance for guests. This makes business watches quite an asset when it comes to securing that business deal, or being appealing to a new boss, or just wanting to look stylish in every formal event for work.
Timothy Welling has covered a multitude of topics through years of experience as a writer, and he shares this skills as a contributor to Certified Watch Store. His penchant to add a unique take on his works has always left his pieces with this creative “aftertaste” that readers will want to come back to everytime they encounter his pieces.