Every business has its specific needs and requirements, and that is effective and relevant even for the shipping, warehouse and transportation businesses as well. Pallets are generally an integral part of any shipment or storage business. Different industries and businesses choose different types of pallets like plastic, metal, press wood, wooden etc. Wooden pallets are the most durable and eco-friendly pallets, and these pallets are recyclable and reusable. You can also sell your used wooden pallets to earn some money and save your transportation cost. Apart from that, you can also use these wooden pallets for your international shipments because most of the customs departments accept the wooden pallets for its eco-friendly nature.
Things to Consider Before Choosing the Pallets for Your Business :
However, when you are considering your requirement for pallets in your business, it is essential that you take note of all the specifications of your need like:
- The weight of the products to be shipped
- The shipping distances
- Your budget for pallet investment
- Size of the products to be transported
- Pallet management and storage requirements
- Requirement of durability
What Are the Benefits of Wooden Pallets?
According to your specific needs you can choose from amongst the options available in the market. Plastic and wooden pallets are the two most popular options. For those who have chosen wood as the material for their pallets, here are some effective tips which could essentially help you in making the right decision of choosing woods while buying pallets.
1. Long-Term Use
Wood as a material for pallets is used for many years. Hardwoods are known to be potentially strong and resistant damages under rough usage and temperature and other conditions if treated properly with pest treatment and heat treatments. Not only this but compared to another options wood is inexpensive as well.
2. Reusable and Eco-Friendly
Wood is a biodegradable material, and it is eco-friendly in nature. Besides, hardwood is known for its durability, and it can be taken up for use over a long term. Even if the wood pallet is broken it can be easily repaired and used again. Out of use, old pallets can be easily recycled into furniture, fencing, gardening requirements and stuff.
5 Tips for Buying Wooden Pallets :
1. Instead of investing in softwoods which are easily susceptible to damages it is always preferable to seek for hardwood pallets.
2. In order to ensure that the wood in your pallets are well treated and you can check the IPPC Logo on these wooden pallets. You can use these heats treated wooden pallets for your international shipments.
3. There are also different treatments codes embedded on these woods which details the types of treatments the woods have been subjected to. Through this, you can determine the potential safety and valuations of the pallets as well.
4. The next most essential factor to determine is the size of the pallets you require. While the market has availability of a wide range of pallet sizes, wood pallets are most popular in the size of 48 * 40. Apart from that, you can also customize these wooden pallets according to your product’s dimension.
5. Again in order to determine the best fit size of pallets, you can ask the manufacturer or the dealer to provide with samples of different sizes and you can choose the best one according to your needs.
Though wood pallets are preferred for their cost-effective characteristic, yet if you have used and damaged pallets available to you, getting them repaired can help you to save your expenses of buying all new pallets. Even you can also buy some resale wooden pallets to save your cost.
Read Also :Tags: small business , Wooden Pallets , your business