First Come First Serve – DDA Housing Scheme 2019
by Mashum Mollah Loans & Credit 02 May 2019
Delhi Development Authority (DDA) was created in 1955 to mitigate the severe lack of housing, infrastructure and other facilities in the capital. It ensures an organized and structured development of Delhi, identifying new land for residential properties and accompanying set-ups to form housing estates and colonies. DDA is responsible to lay down the essential infrastructure required for the 12.8 million residents of the city.
DDA introduced several affordable housing schemes in Delhi. The most recent plan involved allotment of old inventory of flats left from Aawasiya Yojana-2017.
DDA Housing Scheme
The 2019 DDA housing scheme offers properties to candidates via an online running scheme on first come first serve basis. The apartments under this Delhi Awas Yojna scheme will be available in the following locations across the city.
- Narela G-2 – Approximately 250 apartments will be available in Narela G-2. These one-bedroom flats have a tentative carpet area of 25.099 to 25.302 sq. Meters.
- Narela G-8 – 600 one bedroom flats from approximately 25.099 to 25.302 sq. Meters will be available here.
- Siraspur – Siraspur will have around 300 apartments with an average carpet area of 23.90 sq. Meters.
- Ramgarh Colony – 125 single bedroom apartments with an approximate carpet area of 19.58 sq. Meters will be available here.
The online running auction is likely to draw significant competition between buyers. It is better for an applicant to have the strong financial backing to aid during bidding. One can avail a home loan to secure additional funding to purchase these plots.
A buyer must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to participate in the DDA housing scheme 2019.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- He or she should be at least 18 years old at the date of application.
- The applicant should not own any residential plot in leasehold or freehold basis in urban Delhi, New Delhi, or Delhi Cantonment. His or her spouse or dependent relative (including unmarried children) should not own any property in their name either.
- Applicants should have their PAN registered with provisions from the Income Tax Act. They will also have to quote such details in the application form.
DDA flats new scheme do not come with any income criteria. An applicant can apply depending on their requirement and affordability.
An applicant can apply for DDA housing scheme 2019 online. An applicant has to visit DDA’s official website to fill an application form and select the preferred residential unit online. Once they have chosen a particular apartment, they will be given 30 minutes to deposit the application fee.
Fees range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000, for ‘Janta’ and one-bedroom flat respectively. The apartment will be reserved for the applicant once payment is completed.
However, an applicant should follow some essential tips to make buying a home easy and ensure they select the correct property.
An applicant has to deposit the price of his or her DDA flats new scheme within 90 days from the issue of Demand-cum-Allotment letter. However, if the applicant fails to pay for the apartment within three months, it will be available for allotment for others.
It is advisable to secure the necessary funds before the commencement of the online auction. It will offer a stable financial backing to obtain the preferred apartment and pay its total price within the due date. An applicant can avail a home loan to gather the necessary funds for the purchase.
Several financial institutions offer such credits at an affordable interest rate, flexible tenor, and several other borrower-centric features and benefits. Companies like Bajaj Finserv also provide pre-approved offers on home loans in India, as well as on unsecured advances like personal loans, business loans and a range of other financial products. Such offers not only simplify the process of availing finance but also help you save time. You just have to share some necessary details online to check your pre-approved offer.
The online running scheme to provide affordable housing at a first-come-first-served basis is an attractive opportunity for individuals looking for good-quality, inexpensive accommodation in the Delhi metropolitan area.