Where To Find Global Investors Online For Your Business
by Arina Smith Investing 06 October 2021
“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” ― John Lennon
Running a successful business can get hard: there’s nothing easy about planning out the course you want your business to take, and operating the business daily isn’t exactly a piece of cake, either! Being an entrepreneur can understandably drain the energy out of even the most skilled and tenacious people. How exactly can you manage all of it?
While passion is always a good spark to light a flame, it won’t always keep the fire going. Keeping a business running and thriving requires a lot of adaptation to the evolving needs of customers, as well as the required changes as mandated by industry standards. It can be hard to have what it takes to make it all happen since “what it takes” changes so often!
One thing that never changes for businesses, though, is the fact that they need funds to keep going. Whether you’re looking to hire more team members, roll out new services, or upgrade your products, a reliable stream of money can help push your business in the direction you want it to go.
Consider Reading: Business Ideas with Less Investment
How it’s looking for startups in 2021 and beyond
But even if you know that it can keep your business going and growing, money doesn’t exactly grow on trees! This previous year emphasized that fact to entrepreneurs, employees, and global investors alike: the COVID-19 pandemic hit businesses with unprecedented intensity, forcing many businesses to stop their operations for good, leaving millions without a source of income.
After a rough year enduring the initial outbreak of the virus and successive variants, things are slowly beginning to look up — people are learning to get back up on their feet and adapt to the necessary changes of living in a world with COVID-19. The International Monetary Fund even projects a 6% increase in economic growth for the year, which means that it’s once again a good time to start a new business or prepare your current one for growth. Investors have increased their spending on startups in the first half of 2021 and are looking to support more and more ventures as we recover from the adverse effects of the crisis.
Consider Reading: Top 5 Small Businesses To Start With Minimum Investment
Connect with Global investors by standing out
As one might expect, global investors are frequently contacted in order to hear partnership proposals. While a typical venture capitalist or firm might receive hundreds of applications, they won’t be able to read or respond to all of them, making odds slimmer for entrepreneurs who might need their attention. So what can you do to make yours stand out?
Here are some of the things you’ll want to know when preparing your pitch and carrying it out:
- Tell your story. Why exactly did you start this business? What motivated you to build it the way that you did and what do you hope to do for the people you’re targeting to serve? Viewing your business in the frame of a story can help global investors determine whether they can see themselves playing a part in your story.
- Know all of your people and your numbers. When sharing your business with others, especially with investors, you have to know what you’re talking about. Leave no room for guesswork — global investors don’t want you to guess what you’re going to do with their money. They want to know who’s going to do what, the goals you have in the long-term, and how the money they’ll give you will be helping the people they want to help.
- Talk about exactly what you’re offering. You can share all of the projections and the good backstory, but if global investors don’t know what your product or service is or what sets it apart, then the pitch is pointless. Talk about why your offer has potential, what gives it an edge over its competitors, and how it can potentially change the industry.
- Be enthusiastic about your pitch. It’s understandable to get nervous about facing the people who could change the course of your business — and your life — forever. However, it’s better to channel that nervous energy into something more meaningful, like extra zeal and energy while presenting. This is the right time to let your passion burn by letting it light the way towards turning your plans into a reality!
- Visuals might just be everything. Remember to put a lot of thought into your pitch deck: don’t overcrowd it with words, make sure to put the most important information there, and of course, dress to kill! Present your product or service well, and carry yourself with pride, too.
Preparation in any and ALL aspects is a key part of launching your startup into success — when you know what you’re talking about and who you’re talking to, what you want to happen, and exactly what role the person you’re sharing it with can play, turning your best plans into a reality will happen in no time.
Ten minutes to take your business in a new direction
Now that you know what you can do to prepare for what may very well be one of the biggest turning points for your business, how can you meet the right people?
As the world moves into more digital platforms, it can be hard to discern whether you’re talking to someone legitimate, or someone looking to take advantage of businesses with potential. Not everything on the web might be trustworthy, leading entrepreneurs to doubt if they can find reliable sources that they actually have a chance with.
If you’re reading this and hoping for a promising lead, you’re in luck: our friends over at The Farm Soho are hosting an online pitch night for entrepreneurs to connect with investors around the world! You’ll be given ten minutes to meet with venture capitalists who might be interested in what you have to offer.
Leave the hesitation behind and take your chances! Sign up right now for your chance to connect with the best investors for small business enterprises!