How Much Does A WordPress Design Cost?
by Arnab Dey Technology 28 March 2023
The cost of design for WordPress design packages can vary depending on various factors, such as the complexity of the project, outline requirements, experience, the reputation of the creator or outline studio, region in which you are located.
Here are a few aspects that affect the cost of a WordPress outline:
- Ready-made themes: most economical option is to use ready-made WP themes. Prices can range from free to $100 or more for a premium theme. Ready-made themes can be a good solution for smaller projects with a limited budget.
- Customizing ready-made themes: if you want to make changes to a ready-made theme, you can hire a creator or developer to customize and modify the theme according to your requirements. The cost of such services can range from $300 to $2,000, depending on the complexity of changes, and the experience of the creator.
- Custom outline: if you want a unique outline created specifically for the site, the cost will be higher. A custom outline can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000 or even more, depending on the complexity of the project, and the reputation of the creator or the studio. This option is suitable for larger projects with a sufficient budget, and high outline requirements.
- Regional variations: outline fees can also vary by region. For example, creators, and studios in North America, and Western Europe usually charge higher fees than professionals from Eastern Europe or Asia.
What does it take to create a WordPress website?
To create a site on WP, you will need the following components and activities:
- Domain name: This is the address of the website on the Internet, such as yourwebsite.com. You must register a domain name with a domain registrar such as GoDaddy, Namecheap, or others.
- Hosting: This is a service that provides space on a server to store the site’s files. You can choose from different types of hosting, such as shared, VPS, dedicated, or managed WP hosting. Some popular hosting providers are Bluehost, SiteGround, HostGator, and WP Engine.
- Installing WordPress: After choosing a hosting service, you’ll need to install WP on the server. Most hosting providers offer automatic installation of WP through a control panel (such as cPanel or Plesk).
- WP Theme: theme determines the appearance of the site. You can choose a free theme from the official WP catalog or buy a premium theme from third-party developers. Install, and activate the theme under “Appearance” in the WP admin panel.
- WP plugins: Plugins extend the functionality of the site. Select, and install the necessary plugins in the Plugins section of the WP admin panel. Some popular plugins include Yoast SEO, Akismet Anti-Spam, Contact Form 7, and WooCommerce.
- Content Creation: Start creating pages, and posts for the site. The pages and Entries section of the WP admin panel lets you add, edit, and delete content.
- Setting up menus, and widgets: Organize the site’s structure by creating menus, and adding widgets to the site’s sidebars or basements.
- SEO, analytics setup: Improve site’s visibility in search engines, and track traffic statistics using tools such as Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
Estimating spending on a WordPress website
The actual WordPress website package pricing can vary depending on a variety of factors, such as choice of hosting, domain, theme, plugins, and additional services. Here’s a rough estimate of costs:
- Domain name: $10 to $15 per year. Prices can vary depending on the domain registrar, and domain extension (.com, .org, .net, etc.).
- Hosting: $3 – $30 per month for shared or VPS hosting. Managed WP hosting can cost, minus $20 to $100+ per month.
- WP Theme: Free themes are available in the official WP catalog, but premium themes can cost anywhere from $30 to $100+ for a one-time purchase.
- Plugins: Most plugins have free versions, but premium plugins can cost anywhere from $20 to $200+ depending on functionality, and developer.
- Site Development, Customization: If you’re building the site yourself, this is not a necessary expense. However, if you hire a developer or creator, the cost can range from $50 to $150+ per hour.
- Additional services: You may need to pay for services such as SSL certificate registration, email hosting, payment systems, SEO optimization, and others.
The bottom line, a basic WP website can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 per year, but for more complex sites with premium components, services can cost anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars. the cost will depend on needs, choice of resources,, and whether you do everything yourself or hire professionals.
Is WP suitable for small businesses?
WP is great for small businesses, here are a few reasons why:
- Ease of Use: WordPress is an intuitive, easy-to-use website-building platform, making it an ideal choice for entrepreneurs, and
- small business owners who want to quickly create, and manage their website without special web development skills.
- Low cost: WP is free open-source software, and you can choose to host, the domain according to budget. With a large number of free, premium themes, and plugins available, you can create a quality website without significant costs.
- Scalability: WP scales easily as the business grows. You can start with a small site, and gradually add functionality, and content as needed, making it a flexible solution for small businesses.
- Flexibility, and customizability: With more than 50,000 plugins, and thousands of themes available for WP, you can customize the site to fit your needs and business styles. Whether it’s an online store, portfolio, blog, or corporate site, WP can meet a variety of requirements.
- SEO Friendliness: WP provides a good foundation for search engine optimization (SEO) out of the box,, with additional plugins like Yoast SEO, you can improve the site’s visibility in search results to help attract more customers.
- Integration with social media, and marketing tools: WP makes it easy to integrate with various social media platforms and marketing tools.
List of advantages of ordering own website design:
- Uniqueness: A proprietary website design emphasizes brand identity, and sets it apart from the competition.
- Professional image: Quality design creates a positive impression of the business, and increases visitor confidence.
- Improved user experience: UX/UI-optimized design makes the site user-friendly, and easy for visitors to use.
- Alignment to business goals: Proprietary design allows you to fine-tune the site to meet specific objectives, and achieve business goals.
- Flexibility, and scalability: Custom design provides the ability to easily make changes, and adapt the site to the growing needs of the business.
- SEO-Friendly: Experienced designers consider SEO aspects, which contributes to better visibility of the site in search engines.
- Conversion, sales: Well-designed designs aim to increase conversions and sales by motivating visitors to take the desired action on the site.
How to avoid overpayments, and cut costs?
To avoid overpayments, and cut costs when building a site on WP, follow these guidelines:
- Determine goals of the site: First of all, decide what functionality, and outline are required for the site. This will help avoid unnecessary costs for unnecessary features.
- Free or premium themes: Consider using free themes available on the official WP website. If you need a more advanced, functional theme, choose a premium theme with good reviews, and support.
- Use free plugins: Instead of splurging on expensive plugins, look for free alternatives with good reviews, and functionality. Only install the plugins that you really need for the site.
- Self-study: Learn the basics of WordPress on your own so you don’t have to spend money on developers. There are many resources, video tutorials,, and articles online to help you learn the platform.
- Economical hosting: Choose a reliable, affordable hosting provider who offers the best package for your website. Look for promotions, and discounts that can save you money.
- Image Optimization: Compress, and optimize images on site to reduce traffic costs, and speed up page loading.
- Budget, Planning: Plan your budget in advance, and determine what you’re willing to spend on, and what can wait or isn’t a priority.
Creating a WP website with a team of professionals is better than doing it yourself because it will save time, and provide high quality, reliability, custom outline, and SEO optimization. In addition, professionals will provide technical support, and help with the flexibility, and scalability of the site.