5 Alternative Search Engines Every SEO Expert Should Check Out

When it comes to online marketing, every marketer works hard to rank on Google’s search engine result pages (SERPs). This is understandable considering that Google hogs the largest market share of the search engine market.

Search Engine

When it comes to online marketing, every marketer works hard to rank on Google’s search engine result pages (SERPs). This is understandable considering that Google hogs the largest market share of the search engine market. So dominant is Google that it singly controls 63% of the market, leaving the other search engines to share the remaining 37%.

 

It is true that no search engine optimisation (SEO) campaign can ignore Google. After all, research shows that 93% of all online experiences start with a search engine. Considering the dominant positions of Google, it is highly likely that your target audience will use Google to find you.

 

However, some of the changes happening within Google search are forcing businesses to look at other search engines in order to boost their ranking on them too. With recent Google algorithm updates and changes on PPC, things are getting tougher, especially for smaller websites. To know more visit SandCrestSEO here.

 

For instance, killing right hand side ads means organic listings will be pushed even further down the SERPs.  The competition in the paid search market is now cutthroat meaning it has become expensive to advertise. Of course there many positive developments going on in Google search but as a marketer, it doesn’t hurt to check out what other search engines have to offer.

 

Below are some of alternative search engines that are worth checking out:

 

1. Bing

 

This is Microsoft’s search engine and many SEO analysts say it doesn’t get the credit it deserves. This is probably down to the feeble efforts by the mother company to dabble in the internet revolution. However, Bing remains Google’s main competitor with 22.5% of search queries in December 2016. Microsoft uses Bing on its wide range of devices, making this a good alternative for many users.

 

Other reasons why Bing is worth your time include:

 

  • Better video search with a grid of large thumbnails which are easy to click on for previewing or viewing.
  • More auto-complete suggestions than Google.
  • Predictions such as when flights are to go up or down
  • Bing powers Yahoo’s search engine

 

2. Vimeo

 

YouTube reigns when it comes to video but now that you are opting for an alternative for Google’s dominance, it is also important to check out where else your videos can rank. Vimeo has over 280 million viewers with 35 million registered members.

 

There are an average 715 million monthly views and 20% of B2B marketers in North America are already using Vimeo to distribute content. There are no ads on Vimeo and this means more users are opting to watch videos here. Your SEO expert should know how to optimize your videos for Vimeo in order to rank higher on search.

 

Read also: 10 Expert Tips on Online Branding

 

3. Quora

 

Google might be improving in giving targeted answers to complicated questions but it still has a long way to get there. On the other hand, Quora is a search engine which gives a personal touch to search queries.  Any question asked receives an answer and there are also links where searchers can find more about what they are looking for.

 

4. DuckDuckGo

 

One thing many Google users complain about is the use of individual data which can then be used for targeted PPC marketing and other purposes. This is where DuckDuckGo comes in handy as an alternative providing privacy to users. This search engine does not retain an individual’s usage data and therefore allows private browsing. If you are targeting users who don’t like getting tracked by Google, this is an alternative worth looking at.

 

5. Dogpile

 

Dogpile is a simple search engine which pulls and curates results from different search engines. The beauty of this creative search engine is the fact that it removes all those irritating ads which users hate. Users get results from search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Yandex among others.

 

There are many other search engines which are worth looking at because they offer something out of the ordinary. Whether users are looking for privacy, more detailed search or direct results without adverts, there is a search engine available. These include Giphy, Addict-o-matic, Slideshare, Ask.com, Boardreader and Yandex. If you are looking for an alternative search engine for your SEO campaign, it is important to learn what each of these search engines has to offer.

 

Read also: 

 

POST TAGS:

contact.arianasmith@gmail.com

<p>Ariana Smith is the Chief Editor for Real Wealth business. She is very passionate about marketing, small business and advertising.</p>

Review overview
NO COMMENTS

POST A COMMENT