WooCommerce SEO: A Complete Guide
When it comes to e-commerce, the user experience is paramount.
By following best practices and implementing specific strategies, you can make sure that your WooCommerce website is easy to find through search engines like Google and Bing.
Follow along with this helpful guide to learn everything you need to know about optimizing your WooCommerce site for search engines and the best WooCommerce SEO services available.
WooCommerce is a free and open-source eCommerce plugin that runs on WordPress. It is currently the most widely used eCommerce platform in the world with more than 10% of all online stores built on top of it.
Among its users are big brands like Gatorade, Patagonia, Airbnb, and Tesla. In other words, if you want to start an online shop, you should consider using WooCommerce. It is an efficient, flexible, and scalable solution with a lot of integrations. With this in mind, let’s look at the main differences between WooCommerce and Shopify SEO.
WooCommerce and Shopify are two of the most popular eCommerce platforms. They have a lot of similarities, but there are also some significant differences between the two:
- Pricing – Shopify is more expensive than WooCommerce. And if you want to use the “Shopify Plus” version, which allows you to host your site on their servers, it will cost you $2,000 per month. With WooCommerce, the only costs you will incur are from hiring a developer to install it for you.
- Ecommerce functionality – Shopify comes with some built-in functionality for e-commerce stores, but WooCommerce has more robust e-commerce functionality. So if you need more features for your store, then you’ll probably want to go with WooCommerce.
- Ease of use – While both are easy to use, WooCommerce is generally easier to use than Shopify. That’s because Shopify requires you to learn a new language (i.e. liquid, etc.) while WooCommerce uses WordPress, which you’ve most likely used before.
The best way to configure WooCommerce SEO
While there are many things you can do to optimize your WooCommerce store for search results, there are some that will have a bigger impact than others. Here are the most important things you can do to optimize your store and improve its SEO.
- Use a good product title format – The main product title is one of the most important parts of your product page, so you’ll want to make sure to follow the best practices for it. Generally, the title should be under 70 characters and include your most important keywords.
- Use a compelling product description – The product description is another significant part of your product page. It allows you to expand on the product title and includes more information about the product, like its features and benefits.
- Include high-quality images – When it comes to SEO, you’ve probably heard that images are just as important as the words on your page. That’s why you should try to include high-quality images on your product pages.
- Create a good category and product URLs – URLs are a part of every page on your site and are used to rank well in search engines. This means that you should create good product and category URLs that include relevant keywords.
- Build quality backlinks – You can also earn better search engine rankings by getting backlinks from other websites. You can do this by participating in social media, blogging, and other online activities.
When optimizing your WooCommerce store for search engines, you’ll want to make sure you’re following these best practices. Doing so will help you earn more organic traffic from search engines, which will make running your store easier and more profitable.
Here are some WooCommerce SEO tips:
- Use a static page template – When building your e-commerce site with WooCommerce, you’ll have the option to use a static page template. This is a good choice because static pages are easier for search engines to crawl and index.
- Use an SEO-friendly URL structure – When you’re building your e-commerce site, you should follow an SEO-friendly URL structure. This means that each page on your site should include your primary keyword.
- Include strong meta descriptions – Your meta description is another important part of your product pages. It is a short summary of your product and its key features. It usually appears below your title on search engine result pages.
- Create a sitemap – You can improve your site’s accessibility by creating a sitemap. It is a map of all the pages on your site and can be useful for search engine crawlers.
When you follow the best practices for WooCommerce SEO, you’ll be able to increase your organic traffic, which is free. So it’s definitely a good idea to take advantage of it. As more people discover and purchase from your store, it will become easier to make a profit from e-commerce.
Remember, the better your WooCommerce store performs, the more money you’ll be able to make. So if you want to succeed with e-commerce, you need to start with great SEO by hiring a WooCommerce SEO expert. This will help you attract more customers and give them an excellent experience.