10 Best Ways To Promote Your Business Online For Free
Most business owners understand that getting an online presence is good for their business. For one, many people have now integrated the Internet as part of their lives. It seems impossible for anyone not to
Most business owners understand that getting an online presence is good for their business. For one, many people have now integrated the Internet as part of their lives. It seems impossible for anyone not to go online and see their emails, check the latest updates on their friends and family, read the news, and look for some interesting stuff. It is for this very reason that business owners, manufacturers, and service providers want to be visible on the World Wide Web and promoting your business online is one way to do it.
Many corporations pay millions just to bolster their Internet presence. But if you are a small business owner, you can boost your online visibility without shelling out a single penny. All you need to have is some sense and some of the internet savvy.
Read also: How to Build an Online Business From Scratch
Here are our top ten tips for promoting your business online for free:
1. Get a website and if you haven’t got one yet set it up for free. There are several platforms available which let you build an entirely adequate site for free like WordPress and Google Sites. Once you’ve got a site, then you can get it indexed in search engine results to start appearing for relevant searches, which attracts new people to your business and also help the drastic growth of the business.
2. Sign up to Twitter and target your audience. Twitter is a micro blogging platform which acts like one large real time conversation. Once you’ve created a Twitter account for your business, you can step in and out of relevant conversations and discussions to get the attention of potential customers.
3. Get more backlinks to your website. If you’ve already got a site then getting other relevant websites to link to you will benefit you in two ways. Firstly, you’ll attract more visitors from these links but also search engines will see your site is growing in popularity and reward this with better rankings in relevant search results.
4. Optimize your website for natural search. Search engines won’t display your site in relevant search results unless you’ve made it easy for them to understand what your website is about. This is where Search Engine Optimization or SEO can help you adjust the relevance of your site.
5. Try AdWords for free. Numerous businesses now offer £25 or £50 vouchers to try out AdWords, the preeminent Pay Per Click advertising platform from Google. AdWords lets your site appear in sponsored links in search results. This method has proofed to be a significant way to help your business growth.
6. Email marketing to your database. Use your website to build a database of enquirers (maybe by giving away a freebie as an incentive) or compile an email list of previous customers. Then email your list regularly to extract further business from these leads.
7. Sign up to Google Places. Create or claim a Google Places listing for your business, and you’ll start appearing in map searches and future may get greater exposure on the Google + social network.
8. Create a Facebook Page for your business then promote this Page to existing contacts first to start building a network of followers. Set up special deals and offers for your Facebook followers to give them a reason to follow or recommend you.
9. Sign up to online Directory sites. A quick search on Google will reveal a list of the top free online directory sites, but you can also find specialist directories for specific regions or industry verticals. Directory site listings can draw in more traffic and also help your site appear more popular on search engines.
10. Create and upload a YouTube video. Affordable technology means it pretty simple to produce your short video on a topic you know about then share this on YouTube plus Facebook and other social channels.
For business growth, it is essential that companies and firms take note of this methods which will help different business platform to grow fast and target the right people. Ignoring this steps simple means your business platform will not dominate or standout in the target market at a long run.
Promoting your business online is a smart way to get more inquiries and customers. The internet offers fast and measurable results so you can quickly respond to new opportunities. Best of all, the internet provides some opportunities for you to promote your business absolutely free of charge.